7T Animal Scanner
The Bruker Biospec 7T/30 Scanner is capable a full diversity of modern neuroimaging including structural MRI, functional MRI, diffusion MRI (DTI), double pulsed-field gradient (DPFG), magnetization transfer, susceptibility weighted imaging (SWI), MR spectroscopy and many more. Most of the studies performed in the center are in vivo imaging of rat and mice using designed animal beds for each mice and rats with tooth bar, an artificial respiration mask and water circulation unit to regulate body temperature.
The scanner is equipped with a BGA-12 Gradient set (400mT/m, 100microsec risetime) and a B-S20 shim system with 283 mm inner diameter shim coils providing z0, z2, z3, z4, xz, yz, xy, x2-y2,z(xy), z(x2-y2), z2x and z2y shims.
A variety of radiofrequency volume coils and surface coils are available for use with these gradient systems.
- 1H 72mm inner diameter, 112 mm outer diameter, linear transceiver volume coil with 500W maximum transmit pulse of 5 ms.. Model T9974.
- 1H/1F 72mm inner diameter, 112 mm outer diameter, linear transceiver volume coil with 500W maximum transmit pulse of 5 ms.. Model T9987.
- 1H 72mm inner diameter, 112 mm outer diameter, 270 mm mechanical length, 110 mm symmetrical coil-center electrical length linear transmit volume coil with active decoupling and 750W maximum transmit pulse of 5 ms.. Model T10720.
- 1H mouse brain receive-only surface coil with active decoupling 121mm x 68mm x 28mm with a resonator length of 17mm with a maximum peak pulses power of 1000W. Model T11204.
- 1H rat brain receive-only surface coil with active decoupling 125mm x 69mm x 28mm with a resonator length of 27mm with a maximum peak pulses power of 1000W. Model T11205.
- 1H Quadrature array receive-only surface coil with resonator legnth of 15mm with reactive-decoupling. Model T5795.
A surgical suite which includes a surgical microscope and a downdraft air exhaust table is located in the adjoining room. The surgery and magnet rooms are equipped with isoflurane gas anesthesia equipment. A dedicated Linux workstation operating the Bruker Paravision 5.0.1 software is available.